uduakabasi ekong

Uduakabasi Joseph Ekong, a native of Ukpum Okoñ in Ikot Abasi L.G.A is a 37-year-old creative milliner/bridal accessories vendor who resides in Aka Offot, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. Her love for creativity, craftwork, and passion to acquire new knowledge prompted her to venture into the bead-making business in 2015.

Many people do not really talk about the bead-making business but it is very lucrative. Many people wear beaded accessories and beads are used to decorate wedding gowns and other things. Uduakabasi affirms that one can make money from the business, however, making money from the business also depends on your audience.

The beads-making business, with the right skills, is one of the easiest businesses to start. Uduak started the bead-making business with a capital of two thousand five hundred naira (N2500). The high point recorded so far in her business is the ability to reach a wide range of audiences and get referrals from satisfied clients. Moreover, the financial constraint experienced in the business is the low point of the business.

Uduak agrees that she has thought about giving up in the face of challenges, especially when clients are not patronizing her or when she lacks the financial capability to purchase resources for the training session she organizes.  However, despite the challenges, she is still forging ahead to grow her business.

Uduak usually contributes 80% effort in completing a task and then brings in a capable trainee to handle the remaining 20%. Additionally, her business is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission. Uduak presents Oga Yenne, Lavon Bridalz, Umex Cardinal, and Comfort Anietie of Comely Exclusive as her business mentors.

Policymakers and investors can assist Uduak financially to expand her business and promote it on social media through sponsored ads. You can locate her at 18 One Way Off Aka Etinan Road, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.

Contact: 08103712345, uduakabasiekong566@gmail.com

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *